Here are 6 simple steps you can take in January to ensure that your air system continues to be dependable and efficient. While doing each of these things individually makes a difference, doing them ALL will have a significant impact on reducing operating costs and increasing equipment life.
1. TURN IT OFF – Any compressor system that isn’t in use or at the end of the day/shift, should be turned off as part of a regular routine or put on a timer.
Savings of 20-40%
2. LISTEN FOR LEAKS – Walk around your plant during downtime to find easy leaks and repair them promptly.
3. ROUTINE MAINTENANCE – Maintain service based on the manufacturers’ recommendations.
4. REPLACE TIMED DRAINS – Replace any open condensate drain or solenoid drain valve with a 0-loss drain.
5. LOWER SYSTEM PRESSURE – Reduce to minimum PSI so that all equipment will work properly – 2 PSI reduction = 1% power cost savings.
Savings up to 10%
6. CALL AN EXPERT – Have your system checked on a regular basis to make sure that you’re not missing savings opportunities or ignoring maintenance issues. Of course, New Year’s Resolutions can be difficult to keep. But if you follow at least some of these suggestions, your air system will run longer and cost less to operate.
If you need help with how to keep these resolutions, we are happy to help. Give us a call at 561-332-4923.