Many people think that the only rental air compressors available are the ones that you see by the side of the road running the jackhammer. In today’s commercial and industrial world that is not the case. Rental air compressors are available in all sizes, shapes, and pressures; to meet almost any requirement. The key is knowing what type of unit you need, and where you can get it when you need it.
While compressed air rental services can be a savior during emergencies, they are also helpful during planned maintenance or downtime. For instance, if the facility team knows that at a certain time every year, a compressor must undergo planned service; it can incorporate air rental into its production process to prevent a decrease or halt in production.
1. Your primary compressor has broken down for longer than a few hours, and you need to stay in production.
2. Planned maintenance requires additional capacity beyond current backup compressors, to keep operation running.
3. Special project requirements need higher than normal capacity, or pressure, than you would normally would from your system.
4. New equipment has been added, creating a demand on your existing compressor system.
5. High-pressure air is required for a specific project testing.
6. Building construction, or equipment relocation, requires shutdown of the existing compressor system.
Some, if not all, of the points above require some contingency planning so that you are not caught short when a compressor rental is required. Any plan requires a backup plan, even if there is adequate backup capacity in the air system.
Types of rentals vary based on the requirement. A body shop might require a 10 HP compressor to stay in operation, whereas a large industrial plant may require 100 HP compressor to solve their problem. Some situations may require a rental dryer or filter along with a storage tank if the existing system is damaged or being moved.
High pressure testing requirements demand special consideration with rotary screws providing up to 217 psi, while boosters and multistage piston compressors can go up to 5000 psi.
Whenever and whatever your rental needs are, Air Compressor Works has a fleet of over 40 compressors, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers, hoses and system analysis tools available 24/7.