Here are the top 10 things you can do relatively easily to save energy in your air compressor, system. These are simple steps that individually make a difference but together can have a real impact on your energy bill.
A 20 hp compressor running in hours a day 50 weeks a year at $0.08 per KW costs $4200 a year to operate. 30 minutes of refuse based on the 10 items listed could save you 25% or $1000 a year
Here is a list of 10 items that you can do to save energy in your air system that are simple and inexpensive. Every dollar saved goes to your bottom line 2020
Check the following 10 items in your facility for the next 30 days:
- Turn If Off – Any compressor or chiller system that is not in use should be turned off as a regular routine or put on a timer – savings 20-40%.
- Repair Leaks –Walk around your plant during downtime to find the easy leaks and repair them – leaky hoses and disconnects are most suspect – savings 15-20%.
- Clean Coolers and Condensers-Compressors/chillers/dryers need clean coolers to be 100% efficiency with 15° F temperature difference – savings 15-20%.
- Change Any Open Blow Offs-Convert blow-offs to a low-cost flow reduction nozzle – savings 20-30% /noise reduction a bonus.
- Change Filters-After six months compressor inlet and compressor line filters need to be changed to minimize pressure drop – savings 5-10%.
- Open Vents – A 120° F room causes the compressor to lose 20% capacity – maintain room by opening vents as close to 95° as possible – savings 15 -20%.
- Eliminate Air Loss Drains-Replace any open condensate drain or solenoid drain valve with 0-loss drain – savings 3-5% with less than 6-month payback.
- Reduce System Pressure Drop-Determine major pressure drops with an accurate gauge and repair to 10 PSI drop with simple pipe changes – savings up to 10%.
- Change System Pressure –Reduce to minimum PSI that all equipment will work properly – 2 PSI reduction = 1% power cost savings – savings up to 10%.
- Free System Reviews -Use the experience of your Power Company or Compressor/Cooling System Vendor to review your system for initial recommendations – priceless.
Some or all of these can effectively be used for a minimal investment in the first few months of 2020 can save $1000’s in power costs on your compressor system.
Need Some Assistance– ACW engineers with many years of experience in the industry can do a walk-through in approximately 45 minutes to give you some direction on the low hanging fruit for savings in your compressor system.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or click 561-332-4923 to have an ACW specialist be in touch.